Top 5 Incidents from India and World History of 26 July – Vijayanagara Empire by Krishna Devraya, First women cricket march, First Indian Member of Parliament in Britain and many more
- 1509 – The Emperor Krishnadevaraya ascends to the throne, marking the beginning of the regeneration of the Vijayanagara Empire.
- 1745 – The first recorded women’s cricket match takes place near Guildford, England.
- 1892 – Dadabhai Naoroji is elected as the first Indian Member of Parliament in Britain. Sir Dadabhai Naoroji Dordi (4 September 1825 – 30 June 1917) also known as the “Grand Old Man of India” and “official Ambassador of India” was an Indian Parsi scholar, trader and politician.
- 1999 – Kargil conflict officially comes to an end. The Indian Army announces the complete eviction of Pakistani intruders.
- 2016 – Hillary Clinton becomes the first female nominee for President of the United States by a major political party at the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia.