Top 5 Incidents from India and World History of 20 July – World’s first internal combustion engine, First Partition of Bengal,first International Special Olympics Summer Games, first acting President of India-M. Hidaytula and many more
- 1807 – Nicéphore Niépce is awarded a patent by Napoleon for the Pyréolophore, the world’s first internal combustion engine after it successfully powered a boat upstream on the river Saône in France.
- 1905 – First Partition of Bengal, which was proposed by Lord Curzon, was accepted by British Government’s Minister of India.
- 1968 – The first International Special Olympics Summer Games are held at Soldier Field in Chicago, with about 1,000 athletes with intellectual disabilities.
- 1969 – M. Hidayatullah became the first acting President of India.
- 2015 – The United States and Cuba resume full diplomatic relations after five decades. Cuba–United States relations had been severed in 1961 during the Cold War.