Top 5 Incidents from India and World History of 13 August – East India Company appointed as the centralized Regulatory Authority of India, first Indian to be appointed Governor of Reserve Bank, National Highways Act was approved 1956 and many more
- 1536 – Buddhist monks from Kyoto, Japan’s Enryaku-ji temple set fire to 21 Nichiren temples throughout in what will be known as the Tenbun Hokke Disturbance. (Traditional Japanese date: 27th day of the seventh month of the fifth year of the Tenbun era.
- 1784 – East India Company was appointed as the centralized Regulatory Authority through India by Pitt’s India Act, which was accepted in British Parliament in England.
- 1943 – Chintamanrao Deshmukh became the first Indian to be appointed Governor of Reserve Bank.
- 1954 – Radio Pakistan broadcasts the “Qaumī Tarāna”, the national anthem of Pakistan for the first time.
- 1956 – National Highways Act was approved by the Parliament of India.