Top 5 Incidents from India and World History of 12 July – Bengal became part of Mughal Empire, Ranjit Singh become Maharaja of Punjab, Fist Indian Steam Engine and many more
- 1576 – Mughal Empire annexes Bengal after defeating the Bengal Sultanate at the Battle of Rajmahal.
- 1799 – Ranjit Singh conquers Lahore and becomes Maharaja of the Punjab (Sikh Empire).
- 1823 – First Indian Steam Engine Ship “Diana-a-Gunboat”sailed in a sea near Calcutta. It was built by Kyd & Co.
- 1971 – The Australian Aboriginal Flag is flown for the first time. The Australian Aboriginal Flag represents Aboriginal Australians. It is one of the officially proclaimed flags of Australia and holds special legal and political status. It is often flown together with the national flag and with the Torres Strait Islander Flag, which is also an officially proclaimed flag
- 1975 – São Tomé and Príncipe declare independence from Portugal. the Democratic Republic of São Tomé and Príncipe, is an island country in the Gulf of Guinea, off the western equatorial coast of Central Africa. It consists of two archipelagos around the two main islands of São Tomé and Príncipe, about 140 km (87 mi) apart and about 250 and 225 km (155 and 140 mi) off the northwestern coast of Gabon