Top 5 Incidents from India and World History of 10 August – Uttar Pradesh Reorganisation Bill passed, Royal Greenwich Observatory foundation laid, Panchayatraj’ and ‘Nagarpalika’ bills were passed and many more
- 1675 – The foundation stone of the Royal Greenwich Observatory in London, England is laid.
- 1741 – King Marthanda Varma of Travancore defeats the Dutch East India Company at the Battle of Colachel, effectively bringing about the end of the Dutch colonial rule in India.
- 1988 – Japanese American internment: U.S. President Ronald Reagan signs the Civil Liberties Act of 1988, providing $20,000 payments to Japanese Americans who were either interned in or relocated by the United States during World War II.
- 1989 – Panchayatraj’ and ‘Nagarpalika’ bills were passed in Parliament’s Lok Sabha.
- 2000 – Parliament approves the Uttar Pradesh Reorganisation Bill to create a hilly state of Uttaranchal.