Today’s History आज का इतिहास -25 April
Top 5 Incidents from India and World History of 25 April- DNA Model- Crick & Watson, First Cell of Solar Cell, Patent for IC , Color TV Program, Stern Magazine Publish Hitler’s dairy and more
1953 – Francis Crick and James Watson publish “Molecular Structure of Nucleic Acids: A Structure for Deoxyribose Nucleic Acid” describing the double helix structure of DNA.
- Double helix is the description of the structure of a DNA molecule. A DNA molecule consists of two strands that wind around each other like a twisted ladder. Each strand has a backbone made of alternating groups of sugar (deoxyribose) and phosphate groups. Attached to each sugar is one of four bases: adenine (A), cytosine (C), guanine (G), or thymine (T). The two strands are held together by bonds between the bases, adenine forming a base pair with thymine, and cytosine forming a base pair with guanine.
1954 –The first practical solar cell is publicly demonstrated by Bell Telephone Laboratories.
1961 – Robert Noyce is granted a patent for an integrated circuit.
- IC is n assembly of electronic components, fabricated as a single unit, in which miniaturized active devices (e.g., transistors and diodes) and passive devices (e.g., capacitors and resistors) and their interconnections are built upon a thin substrate of semiconductor material mostly silicon to achieve a common function.
1982 – India’s first telecast color broadcasting started on Doordarshan, New Delhi, India
1983 – Germany’s Stern Magazine Started publishing Hitler’s personal dairy.
Birth & Death
- Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna (25 April 1919 – 17 March 1989) was a Congress Party leader and former Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh; he later joined Bharatiya Lok Dal and worked with Charan Singh.
- 1969- Invalappil Mani Vijayan (or better known as IM Vijayan), Indian Soccer(Football) player, was born in Trissur, Kerala.
- He was recognised as Indian Player of the Year in 1993, 1997, 1999.
- He scored the fastest ever International goal against Bhutan at the SAF Games ’99, scoring after just 12 seconds.
You may Like
- BPSC Mains Exam Online Application
- Daily Current Affairs Quiz 24 April
- Current Affairs Quiz – 23 April
- Today’s History – 23 April
- Daily Current Affairs 22 April
- History of Today 22 April
- Current Affairs Quiz 21 April
- Today’s History 21 April
- Current Affairs Quiz 20 April
- History of 20 April
- Daily Current Affairs Quiz – 18 April