Government of India has launched solar pump scheme KUSUM to facilitate renewable energy usage and promote Solar energy. Pradhan Mantri Kisan Urja Suraksha evam Utthaan Mahabhiyan (PM-KUSUM) Scheme with an objective of increasing farmers’ income, provide reliable source for irrigation and de-dieselise the farm sector. this Solar Pump Scheme was issued on 8 March 2019 and Scheme implementation Guidelines were issued on 22 July 2019
Solar Pump Scheme KUSUM
The Government of India has launched Solar Pump Scheme KUSUM for Farmers with in following 3 phases . Each phase is depends on its goal achievement and will include outcomes of existing scheme in upcoming phase
- Component-A: Setting up of 10,000 MW of Decentralized Ground Solar or other Renewable Energy based Power Plant . in this componenet renewable energy based power plants (REPP) of capacity 500 kW to 2 MW will be setup by individual farmers/ group of farmers/ cooperatives/ panchayats/ Farmer Producer Organisations (FPO)/Water User associations (WUA) on barren/fallow land.
- Farmer can earn 60,000 to 1,00,000 / year from an acre land by selling excessive solar energy to Electricity providing company(DISCOM)
- Solar Plant can be installed within a 5 KM range from the grid station
- Solar power plant can be installed by farmer himself or can be given on contract to other service providers
KUSUM Yojana eligibility
- Applicant must be Indian Origin
- Individual Farmer/ Group of Farmers / Individual or company posses valid land
- Applicant must have Aadhar Card, Bank Account and Land to Install Scheme Components
2. Component-B: Facilitation and Installation of 17.50 Lakh Stand-alone Solar Agriculture Pumps. In this componenet individual farmers will be supported to install standalone solar Agriculture pumps of capacity up to 7.5 HP for replacement of existing diesel Agriculture pumps / irrigation systems in off-grid areas, where grid supply is not available. Pumps of capacity higher than 7.5 HP can also be installed, however, the financial support will not provided above 7.5 HP Solar Pump set under Solar Pump Sheme KUSUM.
Farmer will get 60 % Subsidy( 30 % from Central Government and 30% from State Government) on solar pump installation.
- Apart from Government subsidy farmers can get upto 30 % loan for solar pump installation under Solar pump Scheme KUSUM
- Life time of a solar pump is upto 25 years , which can be run at minimum cost
3. Component-C: Solarisation of 10 Lakh Grid Connected Agriculture Pumps at farmers across India. under this Component, individual farmers who are having grid connection to their existing agriculture pump will be supported to solarise pumps. The farmer will be able to use the generated solar power to meet the irrigation needs and the excess solar power will be sold to DISCOMs at the rates fixed by Discom.
Phase 1 and Phase 3 will be implemented in pilot mode at starting capacity of 1000 MW whereas phase 2 will be implemented in full fledged mode with government’s financial support of Rs. 19036.05 Crore
List of Agencies to Implement Solar Pump Scheme
|Implementation Agency||Sanctioned Capacity MW||Implementation Agency||Sanctioned Quantity||Implementation Agency||Sanctioned Quantity|
|1||Chhattisgarh||–||–||Chhattisgarh Renewable Energy Development Agency (CREDA)||20000||–|
|3||Haryana||Uttar Haryana Bijli Vitran Nigam Limited (UHBVN)
Dakshin Haryana Bijli Vitran Nigam Limited (DHBVN)
|25||Department of New & Renewable Energy (DNRE), Haryana||15000||Department of New & Renewable Energy (DNRE), Haryana||468|
|4||Himachal Pradesh||HP Govt. Energy Development Agency (HIMURJA)||10||Department of Agriculture, Government of Himachal Pradesh||550||–|
|5||Jharkhand||Jharkhand Bijli Vitran Nigam Limited (JBVNL)||10||Jharkhand Renewable Energy Development Agency (JREDA)||10000||Jharkhand Renewable Energy Development Agency (JREDA)||500|
|6||Gujarat||Gujarat Energy Development Agency (GEDA)||40||Gujarat Urja Vikas Nigam Limited (GUVNL)||4000||–|
|7||Karnataka||TBI||50||Karnataka Renewable Energy Development Limited (KREDL)||6000||–|
|8||Kerala||Kerala State Electricity Board (KSEB) Ltd||10||–||TBD||5200|
Madhya Pradesh Urja Vikas Nigam (MPUVN)
Madhya Pradesh Urja Vikas Nigam Limited (MPUVNL)
Madhya Pradesh Urja Vikas Nigam Limited (MPUVNL)
|10||Maharashtra||Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Company Limited (MSEDCL)||300||Maharashtra Energy Development Agency (MEDA)||30000||Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Company Limited (MSEDCL)||9000|
|12||Odisha||–||Orissa Renewable Energy Development Agency (OREDA)||2500||–|
|13||Punjab||Punjab Energy Development Agency (PEDA)||30||Punjab Energy Development Agency (PEDA)||4500||Punjab Energy Development Agency (PEDA)||3900|
|14||Rajasthan||Rajasthan Urja Vikas Nigam Ltd. (RUVNL)||325||Horticulture Department, Government of Rajasthan||25000||Jaipur Vidyut Vitran Nigam Limited (JVVNL)||12500|
|15||Tamil Nadu||–||Agricultural Engineering Department (AED), Government of Tamil Nadu||17500||Tamil Nadu Energy Development Agency (TEDA)||20000|
|16||Tripura||Tripura State Electricity Corporation Limited (TSECL)||5||Tripura Renewable Energy Development Agency (TREDA)||1300||Tripura Renewable Energy Development Agency (TREDA)||1300|
|17||Uttar Pradesh||Uttar Pradesh Non-conventional Energy Development Agency (UPNEDA)||75||Agricultural Department, Government of Uttar Pradesh||8000||Uttar Pradesh New and Renewable Energy Development Agency (UPNEDA)||1000|
How to Apply for PM KUSUM Scheme
To apply for solar pump scheme farmer need to choose implementation agency of that particular state and apply to their website. In this article we will take example of rajasthan state where implementing agency is Jaipur Vidyut Vitran Nigam Limited (JVVNL).
Solar pump apply online
- Click here to go to Online Application page of state agency responsible to scheme ( Here its JVVNL)
- Now select the option apply for KUSUM Scheme as mentioned in red tab on the page, an application form will openNow select the option apply for KUSUM Scheme as mentioned in red tab on the page, an solar pump application form will open
- Now fill all the required details ( Name Adhar details, Details of land, Applicant category, address , Location and details of sub grid station, Land ownership details etc.)
- After filling complete form fill the details of payment (Bank Name, Amount, Demand Draft etc) and click on submit button
- After successful submission take a printout of confirmation notice and keep it for further communication.
Applicant can download a detailed implementation guideline for their reference from here