The central government has introduced a new umbrella scheme of Rashtriya Arogya Nidhi (RAN) . To provide financial assistance to patients, living below poverty line and who are suffering from major life-threatening diseases, to receive medical treatment at any of the super specialty Govemment hospitals /institutes. Rashtriya Arogya Nidhi (RAN) Scheme commonly known as Prime Minister Arogya Nidhi Yojana’s benefits can be availed at rashtriya arogya nidhi hospitals across India.
Umbrella scheme of Rashtriya Arogya Nidhi (RAN) at a glance
The umbrella scheme of Rashtriya Arogya Nidhi (RAN) will have three components namely to cater patients of various disease.
- Rashtriya Arogya Nidhi (RAN),
- Health Minister’s cancer Patients Fund (HMCPF)
- Scheme for financial assistance for patients suffering from specified rare diseases
Prime Minister Arogya Nidhi Yojana Objectives
All three components of rashtriya arogya nidhi have different objective
- To provide financial assistance to poor patients living below threshold poverty line and suffering from life threatening diseases relating to heart, kidney, liver, etc for their treatment at Government hospitals/institutes having super specialty facilities.
Heatth Ministerrs Cancer Patient Fund –
- to provide financial assistance to poor patients living below threshold poverty line and suffering from cancer’ for their
treatment at Regional Cancer Centres (RCCs)i Tertiary Care Cancer Centres (TCCC) and State Cancer Institutes (SCD.
Financial assistance Scheme for poor patients suffering from rare diseases –
- to provide financial assistance to poor patients living below threshold poverty line and suffering from specified lare diseases for their treatment at Govemment hospitals/institutes having super specialty facilities
Eligibility criteria for Rashtriya Arogya Nidhi (RAN)
The Scheme provides for financial assistance to patients, living below poverty line and who is suffering from major life threatening diseases, to receive medical treatment at any of the super specialty Government hospitals /institutes. Indian resident can check their eligibility in the below-mentioned table which is based on per capita income /month. Only the patient fall under this income bracket will be eligible for the one time grant for medical assitance under prime miniter arogya nidhi yojana.
State wise poverty line for Rural and Ubran areas Under Rashtriya Arogya Nidhi (RAN)
General Conditions to avail benefits under Rashtriya Arogya Nidhi (RAN)
- The financial assistance to eligible patients wilt be in the form of ‘one-time grant”
- Government servants and their families will not be eligible under this scheme’
- There will be no reimbursement of expenditure already incurred’
- Families covered under Ayusman Bharat – Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Jojna (PMJAY) will not be etigible for financial assistance under RAN and HMCPF components’
List of Diseases cover in Rashtriya Arogya Nidhi (RAN) Scheme
Cardiolog & Cardiac Surgery:
- Pacemakers including CRT/Biventricular pacemaker
- Automatic lnplantaLle Caldiovertel Defibrillator (AICD) and Cornbo clevices.
- Coronary Artery Disease including Diagnostic Clardiac Clatheterization and Coronary Angiography.
- lnteruentional procedure including Angioplasty. with or without Stents (Bare metal Stents as well as Drug Eluting Stents) Rota-ablation, Balloon Valvuloplasty.
- ASD. VSD and PDA device closure’
- peripheral Vascular Angioplasty including Carotid Angioplasty & Renal Angioplasty, Aortic Surgery and Stent Grafting’
- Coil Ernbolization and Vascular plugs’
- Electrophysiological Studies (EPS) and Radio Frequency (RF) Ablation.
- Cardio vascular surgery for Congenital and Acquired conditions including C.A.B.G, Valve replacement etc.
- Heart/Lung Transplantation.(ceiling cost may be upto CGHS rates)
- Intra Aortic Balloon Pump flARP)’
- Thrombolytic Therapy for Acute Myocardial Infarction, Pulmonary Thromboembolism & Prosthetic valve Thrombosis’
- IVC Filter
Please find the complete list of diseases covered under this scheme – List of Diseases
List of Rashtriya Arogya Nidhi Hospitals
|S.N||Name of Hospital|
|2||Dr. RML Hospital, New Delhi|
|3||Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi.|
|4||Lady Hardinge Medical College & Smt. SK Hospital, New Delhi’|
|6||6. JIPMER, Pudducherry|
|14||Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute of Medical Sciences and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram|
|15||Kamala Nehru Memorial Hospital, Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh’|
|16||Chittaranjan National Cancer Institute, Kolkata, West Bengal|
|17||Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology, Bangalore, Kamataka'(SCD|
|18||Regional Cancer Institute (WIA), Adyar, Chennai, Tamil Nadu’ (SCI)|
|19||Acharya Harihar Regional Cancer, Centre for Cancer Research & Treatment’Cuttack, Orissa.(SCI)|
|20||Regional Cancer Control Society, Shimla, Himachal Pradesh’|
|21||Cancer Hospital & Research Centre, Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh’|
|22||Dr. B.R.A. Indian Rotary Cancer Institute, (AIIMS), New Delhi’|
|23||R.S.T. Hospital & Research Centre, Nagpur, Maharashtra'(TCCC)|
|24||Pt. J.N.M. Medical College, Raipur, Chhatisgarh’|
|25||Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research (PGlMER),Chandigarh.|
|26||Sher-l- Kashmir Institute of Medical Sciences, Soura, Srinagar’|
|27||Regional Institute of Medical Sciences, Manipur, Imphal’|
|28||Govt. Medical College & Associated Hospital, Bakshi Nagar, Jammu’|
|29||Regional Cancer Centre, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala|
|30||Gujarat Cancer Research Institute, Ahmadabad, Guj arat’|
|31||MNJ institute of Oncology, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh’ (SCI)|
|32||Pondicherry Regional Cancer Society, JIPMER, Pondicherry’|
|33||Dr. B.B. Cancer Institute, Guwahati, Assam.|
|34||Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai, Maharashtra|
|35||Indira Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, Patna, Bihar’ (SCI)|
|36||Acharya Tulsi Regional Cancer Trust & Research Institute (RCC)’Bikaner,Rajashtan.|
|37||Regional cancer centre, pt. B.D.Sharma post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Rohtak, Haryana.|
|38||Civil Hospital, Aizawl, Mizoram. (TCCC)|
|39||Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow’ (TCCC)|
|40||Government Arignar Anna Memorial Cancer Hospital, Kancheepuram’Tamil Nadu’|
|41||Cancer Hospital, Tripura, Agartala.(SCl)|
How to avail benefits for Rashtriya Arogya Nidhi (RAN) Scheme Prime Minister Arogya Nidhi Yojana
To avail financial assistance under RAN, the patient is required to submit :
- Application form in prescribed proforma duly signed by the treating doctor and countersigned by the Medical Superintendent of the Government hospital/institute.
- Copy of the income certificate.
- Copy of the ration card.
- Revolving Funds have been set up in 13 Central Government Hospitals/Institutes and funds upto Rs. 50 lakhs (Rs. 90 lakh in case of AIIMS, New Delhi) are placed at their disposal for providing treatment upto Rs. 2 lakh in each case..
- Cases involving treatment beyond 2 lakh are referred to Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India for providing funds.
Please feel free to comment us for more details on this scheme.